Six Corners, in the Portage Park neighborhood, is an iconic retail destination with over 175 businesses taking advantage of the daily visibility of 90,000 cars. Convenient location to downtown, O’Hare International Airport, abundant public transportation, diverse housing stock and excellent schools make Portage Park one of Chicago’s best neighborhoods.
With several residential and retail developments planned, the area is coming alive. On one corner Ryan Companies and Clark Street Real Estate are proposing a $120 million mixed-use development containing 50,000 square feet of retail space anchored by Aldi grocery store and 260 senior residences, complemented by public plazas and improved pedestrian connectivity. This project will also create 10 on-site affordable housing units.
Development Guiding Principles
Ryan and Clark Street have embraced the community’s vision expressed in the Six Corners Economic Development Master Plan while enriching the panorama and character of this vibrant neighborhood.
The Six Corners Economic Development Master Plan Guiding Principles are:
- Plan for the redevelopment of key opportunity sites
- Attract retail and businesses that appeal to the diversity of the area
- Develop attractive outdoor spaces
- Enhance the pedestrian environment
- Upgrade building facades and storefronts
- Recognize and enhance the cultural and entertainment offerings in Six Corners
- January 3, 2019 – Community Collaboration - As Clark Street Real Estate finalizes plans with Aldi, Ryan continues to have conversations with several key community stakeholders regarding Read More
- October 8, 2018 – Modified Unit Mix - Based on community feedback and guidance from Alderman Arena, Ryan modified the unit mix to include more independent living units, less Read More
- June 25, 2018 – Recap of the Community Meeting - Ryan Companies and Clark Street presented the latest concept to replace the previously approved plan at the June 21st community Read More