In 1912, Portage Park was the focus for several communities that came together to create the Portage Park neighborhood, which has grown, evolved and now thrives on the northwest side of Chicago. More than a century later, Ryan Companies and Clark Street Real Estate have an idea that celebrates the area’s ongoing growth with The Point, a new, mixed-use development on a long-vacant site at Six Corners.
Since early 2017, Ryan and Clark Street have spent time with the Six Corners community in meetings and get togethers to listen to feedback and ideas about The Point at Six Corners.
Because of your input, The Point offers a newly designed Aldi grocery store, with more fresh produce, bakery items, dairy and milk alternatives, vegetarian options, and organic meats. Also, 11 new units of affordable housing have been added to the 258 senior living residences. All are now under a single roof in the neighborhood.
Moreover, The Point will add to the walkability of the neighborhood by adding several new outdoor public plazas in and around the corner block, street amenities, public art, an array of walkways and connections, and a shared bicycle station.
We’re proud to present this concept to the neighborhood and excited to add to Portage Park’s next chapter.
- June 18 – Project Approved - Ryan Companies received unanimous approval at the May 21st Plan Commission Hearing and City Council approval amending the planned development Read More
- February 19 – Recap of the Community Meeting - Alderman Gardiner was joined by Ryan Companies, Clark Street and LCS to present a revised concept to the community. In Read More
- September 25 – Recap of the Community Meeting - Ryan Companies was joined by Alderman Gardiner, Clark Street and Life Care Services (Clarendale operating partner) to present concept updates, Read More
- August 26, 2019 - The public meeting for The Point at Six Corners will take place Tuesday, September 17 at 7pm at the Copernicus Read More
- January 3, 2019 – Community Collaboration - As Clark Street Real Estate finalizes plans with Aldi, Ryan continues to have conversations with several key community stakeholders regarding Read More
- October 8, 2018 – Modified Unit Mix - Based on community feedback and guidance from Alderman Arena, Ryan modified the unit mix to include more independent living units, less Read More
- June 25, 2018 – Recap of the Community Meeting - Ryan Companies and Clark Street presented the latest concept to replace the previously approved plan at the June 21st community Read More